This came in from a regular reader:
ALWAYS OUR FAULT
From: City News
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2016 11:18 AM
Subject: NEWS RELEASE – Collection Tips for Windy Days
Please help us share these tips with the public throughout the months of March and April.
NEWS RELEASE | MARCH 3, 2016
Tips to keep your bins from
blowing over or away on windy days
El Paso, Texas – Keep your recycling and trash bins from blowing over or away on windy days by following these simple tips from the City’s Environmental Services Department:
- Wait until your next regularly scheduled pick-up day to place your blue recycling bin out for collection. Materials placed inside recycling bins are not bagged, which makes it easy for them to scatter all over the street if strong winds tip over the bins.
- Avoid putting recycling bins out to the curb, if the bins are not full.
- If possible, keep garbage and recycling bins secure until pick-up.
- Haul trash and recycling bins away from the curb as soon as they are emptied to keep them from being blown onto the roadways.
- If your bins are missing on windy days, try locating them in your neighborhood before reporting them missing. Strong winds often blow bins down the street, especially on streets with slopes.
Garbage placed in gray bins is not likely to blow away on windy days if knocked out of the container because garbage should always be bagged.
For more tips contact the City of El Paso Environmental Services Department at 3-1-1.