Please help get more involvement

We will be having a city election in May of this year.

We would like to encourage our readers to promote awareness in the community.

There is a lot at stake.

11 Responses to Please help get more involvement

1. Discouraged says:

I am totally against “get out the vote” because the person that needs encouragement to vote is also one who is totally uninformed. That’s a major problem here in El Paso … an uninformed electorate. And, to date, I have not seen any candidates that are better than the ones we already have. That’s pitiful.

2. Exhausted says:

I don’t have time to help. I’m too busy keeping up with all the various dramas involving elected officials, former city officials, and city employees. It’s exhausting.

3. U says:

You can try but people are too damn lazy to get out and educate themselves on the candidates and then vote. But they have days on end to bit.hard and moan about councils actions. You get what you deserve. Don’t vote or become involved that is what you get , a bunch of nothings

4. Haiduc says:

In El Paso those who appreciate the worth of voting will be few in number

5. Reality Checker says:

When will Brutus be announcing his candidacy?

6. Make the Mayor’s race a referendum on the Trump administration.
    This will increase involvement.

7. Annonymous says:

Wouldn’t it be fun to see how many of the people that regularly complain about things actually run for office? My bet: no one will. My follow up bet: The complaining will continue.

• abandon hope says:

If you vote, you get to complain. No vote, no complaining. Running for office? That’s for people who have higher aspirations. I do not aspire to be a politician in El Paso.

• Innocent Bystander says:

Since less than 2% of people run for office, but more than four out of five people, left, right and center, are unhappy with government, I would say that your conclusion is not exactly a revelation.

Just because I know my knee isn’t working properly doesn’t mean I am going to attempt my own knee replacement, even if I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.