Date: Saturday, April 1, 2017
Time: 4:30 PM
Location: Rock House Cafe and Gallery
400 W. Overland
El Paso, TX 9901
It is of vital importance to become educated on candidates and issues that will determine the outlook of El Paso, and whether an authentic democracy can be restored.
Consider the recent developments that have eroded public confidence in local officials:
- El Paso ranks as the 3rd highest taxed city in the US according to a study conducted by the Minnesota Center for Fiscal Excellence (p. 64)
- The displacement of Durangito residents in order to build a $180 million sports arena:
- A $60,000 pay-raise was bestowed to the City Manager:
- Increasing ballpark-related costs:
- Ethics and transparency issues of city government:
- Despite a $96.8 million profit report, an 8.7% rate increase will be incurred by El Paso Electric Company customers:
- Executive Orders that impose immigration enforcement duties on local law enforcement, and militarize our border region.
All candidates have been contacted and have confirmed attendance; with the exception of Dee Margo, whom has declined our invitation to participate.
For a full list of candidates and pertinent campaign information, click on the following El Paso City link:
The format for the forum is as follows:
- 1 minute candidate self-introductions
- Community-derived questions posed by the moderators
- Audience questions; sign-in and question submission
- Candidates will provide 90 second closing statements
Looking forward to your engagement in our community.
El Paso Grassroots/DSA of El Chuco