Don’t talk to me

I saw a business card on the asphalt of a parking lot in a strip mall the other day.

After picking up the litter I saw evidence of a new phenomenon.

The card listed a telephone number and under the number “texts only” was printed.

We deserve better

Brutus

 

3 Responses to Don’t talk to me

  1. frater jason says:

    I greatly prefer text to voice, and text is more likely to get through in areas of poor coverage.

    95% of the calls I receive are spam. The other 5% are people I’d rather not talk to.

    Like

  2. Riff Raff says:

    Brutus,
    Why didn’t you just text that person and ask why “text only?”

    Like

  3. The Oracle says:

    Its common among deaf people: “Texts Only”.
    On business cards, letterheads, etc.
    Many facebook and ebay and so on want your phone number but never consider that you could be deaf.
    There is no option to verify FB and ebay accounts except them CALLING. They do not provide an Option for TEXTS for the handicapped.
    You see outwardly military that are handicapped with missing limbs . . . but in that explosion, that caused the missing limbs. . . it could have also caused deafness.
    You can’t see deafness.
    The Internet is a Godsend for deaf people.
    ( It’s ALL “Texts” )

    Liked by 2 people

Leave a Reply -- you do not have to enter your email address

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: