You might have received a mailer that invites you to apply for a voting ballot by mail.
I tried this a couple of years ago and learned the hard way.
- My application evidently committed me to voting by mail the entire year
- I voted in the primary by mail
- When I tried to go to the polling place to vote in the runoff I was told that I had to continue to vote by mail
- The problem was that they mailed my primary ballot but did not mail a runoff ballot.
- I had to insist that I be allowed to vote in the runoff election.
- We solved the election judge’s concerns by me signing an affidavit attesting that I had not voted by mail in the runoff
- The process took 45 minutes
We deserve better
The whole voting by mail thing is primarily a Democrat tactic. They do vote harvesting in other states where they literally ask people to give them their mail-in ballots.
Coming soon to El Paso, I am sure.
If you can’t win by the rules, change the rules.
Sure thing. Everything you don’t like is a Democrat conspiracy. You live in a state that is controlled by Republicans. If they wanted to eliminate mail-in ballots they would. They haven’t because believe it or not Republicans also travel and get old.
In North Carolina, it was the Republicans who got caught in an absentee ballot scheme.