You might have received a mailer that invites you to apply for a voting ballot by mail.
I tried this a couple of years ago and learned the hard way.
- My application evidently committed me to voting by mail the entire year
- I voted in the primary by mail
- When I tried to go to the polling place to vote in the runoff I was told that I had to continue to vote by mail
- The problem was that they mailed my primary ballot but did not mail a runoff ballot.
- I had to insist that I be allowed to vote in the runoff election.
- We solved the election judge’s concerns by me signing an affidavit attesting that I had not voted by mail in the runoff
- The process took 45 minutes
We deserve better