Media stronger than we thought

El Paso Inc. ran an article about city representative Niland’s resignation the other day.

From the article:

When she was finished, members of the council embraced her. After the meeting, Leeser said he was saddened by the “abuse” Niland and her family had taken from the news media in recent months and that it had a lot to do with her resignation.

“She told me that she loves her kids, loves her family and the media had actually destroyed her family, and that was one of the things she told me,” Leeser said.

Abuse?

I must have missed it.

Destroyed?

The media destroyed her family?

It sounds to me like she has chosen to be a victim.

12 Responses to Media stronger than we thought

1. Sad El Pasoan says:

I believe in karma, the energy you put out in the world comes back to meet you.

2. Voter says:

Leesor is drinking koolaid.

3. JerryK says:

She doesn’t have a lot of friends and I have personally witnessed her bullying. Good riddance.

4. Judy Maddox says:

Real snowflake!

Sent from my iPhone

5. Reality Checker says:

Nothing could be further from the truth. She was the golden girl who the Times and Inc. always hyped and gave every break, even when she was arrogant, condescending, deceitful, and dishonest. She is just one more person who is unwilling to take responsibility for her own actions in both her work and personal lives. She is her own worst enemy. Leeser helping to perpetuate her claim just proves that he and his family must have gotten a good deal on her house.

6. Niland is a Democrat, a politician, overly impressed with her “position”. The City Council baseball field THEY bought for Mountain Star Sports, Foster, the Arena, the trolley THEY want. They do very little to actually REPRESENT the people of El Paso. Mostly the “Job” is about THEM and whatever they can get, take from US. Tax, waste, spend, tax some more.

More need to wake up and see it the way you did Brutus. Enough of this hit and hide BS

8. Jud Burgess says:

The media was actually curiously silent during Niland’s absence. I don’t recall them ever running any columns looking into her MIA status. THAT makes me wonder.

9. Rye Winterweet says:

Yeah! That’s the ticket. The media caused my divorce, too. I think we’re on to something here.

10. There was another article a week or so ago, allowing her to get away with this same line of BS. She is the one who put herself out there, and she is the one who was so very vocal, for so very long, displaying by her manner her contempt for so many less fortunate. As for people picking on her family, I don’t recall that. She got a lot of flack, but it was not from the so-called media.

11. The Oracle says:

Yep . . “THAT CRAZY MEDIA”, . . . sometimes pointing out ridiculous things that Niland wants.
    And then there is just “playing along” and saying: “Yep, that Media sure did it to you” as she is OUT THE DOOR .
    :::::: just wanting her to be. . . . . gone.
    Just agreeing with “Whatever she says” just to hurry her Out-The-Door. . . . .

12. Anon says: